Property Agreements

Contracting out
We can provide legal advice about contracting out agreements including implications of the Property (Relationship) Act (the Act). The Act applies once you have lived in a de facto relationship for 3 years or more. We are able to draft an agreement on your instructions, and assist negotiate terms of the agreement with your previous partner or their legal representative.

Separation agreement
This agreement is relied on when both parties are seeking to have their agreement for the division of relationship property recorded. Prior to recording the agreement, terms of the agreement are negotiated and assets identified, valued and defined. The law generally provides for equal division of relationship property but there are some exceptions. We are able to provide appropriate advice on these exceptions and whether they apply in your circumstances.

Have a question or need more information?